100.7 CRUZ FM’s “No Repeat All Day Guarantee” Contest
Contest Rules and Regulations:
These contest rules and regulations are applicable to the above named contest brought to you by Harvard Broadcasting Inc. owner of 100.7 CRUZ FM, which are administered live on-air or on-line on its radio stations in Western Canada. Please note that certain contests promoted on Harvard Broadcasting stations may be brought to you by Harvard Broadcasting in conjunction with another sponsor or by a sponsor other than Harvard Broadcasting. All Contests held by Harvard Broadcasting are subjected to but not limited to the rules and regulations below:
1. CONTEST PERIOD:
– 100.7 CRUZ FM’s No Repeat Guarantee is an ongoing feature and will continue until further notice.
– Contest is open to all legal residents of Alberta that are 18 years of age or older. Notwithstanding the above, the Contest is not open to individuals associated with the Contest, including the employees, agents or representatives of Harvard Broadcasting (including its respective divisions, subsidiaries, affiliates and advertising or promotional agencies) and suppliers providing prizes or other materials or services in connection with this Contest (collectively, the “Excluded Individuals”).
– Participants are only eligible to win one prize during the Contest Period. Only one contest winner per household.
HOW TO PLAY:
1. The contest will run every day from Monday to Sunday from 12:00am (MST) to 11:59pm (MST).
2. A repeated song is when we play the same version of the same song by the same artist or band, in its entirety, on the same day from 12:00am (MST) to 11:59pm (MST).
3. Commercial filler audio, montages, splitters, produced promotional announcements, paid advertising, and advertising material are not valid for this promotion.
4. If a participant thinks they may have heard a repeated song, they are required to “Submit A Claim” via cruzfm.ca by filling out the online form in its entirety. They must correctly identify the song that played twice in the same day between the hours of 12:00am (MST) to 11:59pm (MST) inclusively on the 100.7 CRUZ FM frequency. If there are no submissions within 2 (two) hours of the repeat song, the contest occasion become null and void.
5. Each submission will be checked via CRUZ Programming/Music Department.
6. If a song is repeated, the submission received first based on email time stamp, with all correct fields and information submitted will win the prize. If the same version of the same song by the same artist has actually played a winner may be entitled to receive the prize.
7. The only way to enter this competition is via online form at cruzfm.ca. No other method of entry will be accepted. CRUZ is not responsible for any web errors that may occur causing entries to not be submitted.
– Should there be technical difficulties during the contest period and a “back up” selection of music be broadcast from the transmitter, or the on-air studio via CD, iPod, or other back-up program, then any repetition of those songs will not be regarded as a repeated song and therefore no participant is eligible to receive the grand prize.
– Should there be equipment and/or software technical difficulties, any repetition of those songs will not be regarded as a repeated song and therefore no participant is eligible to receive the grand prize.
– The No Repeat All Day Guarantee does not apply to station produced parody songs or musical elements used in commercials, promotional announcements, or on air bits.
– In order to be declared a winner by the Contest judges, a potential winner must: (i) be in compliance with these Contest rules; if a potential or declared winner is not in compliance with these Contest rules, the Contest judges reserve the right to disqualify such entrant from the Contest and select an alternative winner.
3. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY:
– No purchase is required to enter a Harvard Broadcasting station Contest.
– Participants will have the chance to win $1000 (one thousand dollars).
o Prize is non-transferable
o Potential winners will be required to furnish proof of identification such as a photo driver’s license
– By entering a Contest, you consent to Harvard Broadcasting’s use of your name, city of residence, photograph, voice, statement and image for any publicity purposes.
6. THE DECISIONS OF THE CONTEST JUDGES ARE FINAL. In the event
of a conflict between the rules and any instructions or interpretation of these rules given by a Harvard Broadcasting employee regarding a Contest, these rules shall prevail.
7. Any attempt to tamper with the entry process, interfere with
these Contest rules, deliberately damage any website or undermine the administration, security or legitimate operation of the Contest, is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and Harvard Broadcasting reserves the right to seek damages and/or other relief from all persons responsible for such acts to the fullest extent permitted by law, which may include banning or disqualifying entrants from this and future Harvard Broadcasting Contests.
8. Harvard Broadcasting assumes no responsibility for: entries lost, stolen, late, delayed, damaged, illegible, incomplete, or for the failure, interruption or delay of any email or other communication to be received, for any reason; problems with the function of any website or website feature howsoever caused; the malfunction of, or damage caused to, any telephone network or lines, computer equipment, data or software, online systems, servers or access providers; any functionality lost due to not having cookies enabled; traffic congestion on the Internet or on phone lines; the security or privacy of information transmitted via computer networks; or for breaches of privacy due to interference by third party computer “hackers.”
9. Harvard Broadcasting reserves the right, at its sole discretion and without prior notice, to amend, cancel, close, suspend or reinstate a Contest at any time and for any reason whatsoever. Harvard Broadcasting reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel or substitute any component of a prize for its cash value or a prize of approximately the same retail value. Prizes are non-transferable, must be accepted as awarded by Harvard Broadcasting and cannot be exchanged by a declared winner for cash or other substitutes.
10. By entering the Contest, each entrant agrees to abide by these Contest rules, which are subject to change without notice to Contest entrants individually, and each entrant releases Harvard Broadcasting, its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents and advertising and promotional agencies, from any damage, loss or liability suffered as a result of or arising from the entrant’s participation in a Contest or the use of any prize.
11. Consumer Created Content. IF THE ENTRY FOR THE CONTEST INCLUDES ANY CREATIVE MATERIAL FROM THE PARTICIPANT, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, CONSUMER CREATED CONTENT, BY ENTERING THE CONTEST EACH PARTICIPANT IS VERIFYING THAT (1) YOU ARE THE OWNER AND PRODUCER OF THE SUBMITTED MATERIAL AND THAT NO THIRD PARTY OWNERSHIP RIGHTS EXIST TO ANY MATERAIL SUBMITTED, AND (2) YOU ARE HEREBY GRANTING THE COMPANY AND THIS STATION A PERPETUAL, WORLDWIDE, NON-EXCLUSIVE, ROYALTY-FREE, SUB-LICENSABLE (THROUGH MULTIPLE TIERS) RIGHT AND LICENSE TO USE, PUBLISH, REPRODUCE, DISPLAY, PERFORM, ADAPT, MODIFY, DISTRIBUTE, HAVE DISTRIBUTED AND PROMOTE SUCH CONTENT IN ANY FORM, IN ALL MEDIA NOW KNOWN OR HEREINAFTER CREATED, ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD, FOR ANY PURPOSE.
12. The Contest is void where prohibited by law and is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. The Contest and these Contest rules shall be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the provinces of Alberta and Saskatchewan. Any dispute shall be adjudicated in the courts sitting in those cities where Harvard Broadcasting operates radio stations.
13. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Contest rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision.
15. Prizes must be accepted as awarded, may not be substituted and have no cash value.
16. By entering, the winner agrees to the use of his/her name, address, voice and likeness in any advertising or promotion without compensation.
17. This contest is subject to all Federal, Provincial and Municipal Laws
18. Contests are in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Apple Inc. All entrants are providing information directly to the Contest Sponsors and agree to release Apple Inc. from any and all liability arising in connection with the Contest.